Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Alcohol alcohol everywhere but not a drop to drink

Alcohol Free Week: Day 3
Friday, November 30, 2007

The beginning of the week started out as any "normal" week. On Monday, I went out with friends to dinner and then some bars. I played kickball on Tuesday. After the kickball game things changed.

I did not go to the post game celebration (we always celebrate, even a loss*). There were attempts to get me to drink, but I am pretty stubborn when I put my mind to something. Plus, if I drank on Tuesday then not drinking Monday would have been a waste. I would have to start the week over and redo seven days without alcohol. This would give me eight days without alcohol.

OK, that last statement makes me seem like an alcoholic. I mean to say eight days of self-imposed not drinking, instead of a day of not drinking because I don't have the option. I guess I just proved I am an alcoholic.

No, wait. I have given up drinking for five days even facing peer pressure. Not an alcoholic. Final answer. That breaks the addiction definition. I think.

Moving on. Wednesday, I slept til about 2:30 PM. Stayed in bed an hour or so. Finally got up and had breakfast around 4. At 7 PM, a friend invited me over for dinner. This was a saving grace, as I probably was not going to feed myself. Instead I would just sit around my apartment doing nothing**. I had dinner, then read the Fountainhead. All of it (the last 100 pages I had left).

Thursday was similar to Wednesday. I slept in. Stayed in bed even longer. Barely ate breakfast before most people eat dinner. I never left my apartment.

Which brings us to today. It started the same as Wednesday and Thursday, except I ate breakfast and then ate lunch before leaving the kitchen. Eating a lot of food got me energized (I actually posted something in my blog and then started writing this). So energized, I feel like going out, getting drunk, and dancing! Just kidding, I am not drinking. I have something better to do tonight.

Midnight showing of Jurassic Park on the big screen! Best documentary ever! Who needs bars when you've got "Bingo! Dino DNA!"





*We have won one game. Lost many.

**I was actually writing my last entry and that is why it just ends abruptly. Sometimes ADD wins.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home