Technology is Whack
After four days without an iPhone I am questioning how useful technology is in my life.
Technology that could have possibly been a little useful during this week:
On Monday, I was going to a bar that I had been to before and knew where it was in a relative 10 by 3 block radius. I found it after 15 minutes of riding down wrong streets. The problem was that I trust my iPhone too much and don't care to actually check where I am going anymore until I am halfway there.
That is it for times when my iPhone would have come in handy. I am doing quite well. Mostly because other technologies have kept me sane:Instant Messengers
- I only used it a few times to text and only one person texted back to it, but it is useful to know that it was there and that if people were not bums and texted back it really would have worked.
- I think I used e-mail like five times to tell someone something. It might have been like once or twice instead, but still useful.The Internet
- Mostly for occupying my time that I could spend doing interesting things.Hulu
- The part of the Internet that is the most useful.Big Screen TV
(that is hooked up to the computer which is hooked up to the Internet) - My TV is wonderful, especially when it is playing The Biggest Loser in HD on Hulu. It is crazy how many fat rolls you can see so clearly at the beginning of the season and wondering where that fat will go in the next couple of months.Food
- Most of food is not technology based, but a) I just wanted to say food is awesome and b) I had some soy cheese that was super melty and I don't think that would be possible without some technology advances.Speedos
- Although the Olympics, being the haters they are, decided to ban technologically advanced Speedos, they are awesome and make life easier.Skirts
- For some reason, since I lost my iPhone I spent one night in a skirt. It was actually really comfortable and kept my body cool during a strenuous sport event called kickball. After the game, the skirt made it easy to show off battle wounds on the upper leg below the buttock without having to pull down my pants like Forest Gump.Microwaves
- I do not actually own a microwave and did not use one this week, but if I had one it would have come in handy. Microwaves are very useful.
Technology that failed me and is useless:
Hybrid Bicycles - These bastard children that came from road bikes and mountain bikes are my new nemesis. At the beginning of summer I would have said the complete opposite. Now I realize what they truly are - bikes that get their parts stolen while parked on the street and bikes that break and almost kill you while riding in the street. They also waste my locks by having their carcasses locked in the street rotting.
I now have two days left. I should probably work on getting my phone fixed, as my roommate says it is not a challenge if it is not working; but eh what is the use? MMS text messaging? Oh yeah, thanks AT&T... you wait for my phone to break and then allow me to receive all those cool text pictures I have been missing out on, like the fat naked women. Real awesome.