Thursday, April 3, 2008

500 Mile Bike Ride: The Set Up

The Challenge
500 mile bike ride from San Francisco to Los Angeles in less than seven days.

Thursday, April 3, 2008

I, Alan Dickson, have set out on a bike ride that will challenge my body and my mind on a test into the unknown. Luckily, I am not alone. I will be riding with Caitlin Kelly and there will be many other supporting people along the way.

I am not afraid that my body will not be able to handle the ride. Two years ago, I was riding around San Francisco delivering packages without lunch or breaks for over eight hours. A few snacks, a little water, some good tunes, and a great view will be all that I need (sunshine would be a bonus). Hopefully, Caitlin is ready as well.

My mind is working through possible unknown situations that could occur. My Uncle is in the hospital with a small chance of survival. Knowing what his state will be this week is not possible. I will ride knowing that he supported my trip wholeheartedly. If I make it to LA, then I know that my uncle and I have used the same spirit to face our challenges --- the spirit to live. If anything changes, then I shall face it as it comes.

Right now, Caitlin and I are on the road facing the challenges that come our way, remembering those challenges of the past, and are excited for the challenges in the future. Enough about me, go out there and give me something to read about! I need to focus on pedaling, cars, and potholes.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home