Friday, February 13, 2009

Early Bedtime Breakdown: In The Suburbs > City

Early Bedtime In The Suburbs Is Easy
I have spent two nights in Short Hills, New Jersey and both times I have been in bed before 11 PM. This worked really well as I was tired and needed to wake up early in the morning.

Early Bedtime In The City Is Terrible
Trying to go to bed before midnight in New York City is almost a crime. I felt like I was doing something illegal by telling friends I had to go home, especially when I had the next day off and had no plans on waking up early. This however, was not the terrible part.

The thing about going to bed early in this city is that you are one of the few actually doing so. This seems to be a big problem when you have been sleeping for a few hours and then a noisy neighbor (who happens to be a neighbor that likes to watch movies like the Wrestler at full blast around midnight, posted about here) comes home with a girl. It is 5:33 AM and I am awoken to some creaking coming from the ceiling. That creaking also involves some grunting. Then I hear a woman yell, "give it to me!" This is then followed by what sounds like my neighbors bed crashing through the floor and falling into my room (if this had happened then I could have at least watched the performance, but no I was just left with loud noises keeping me awake). There are sometimes when you pretend not to hear these things and try not to pay attention to them, but this was not that time. I listened until it was over then tried falling back to sleep, which I believe took another hour.

Next time I decide to go to bed early I am going to chug a bunch of alcohol and make sure I sleep through everything.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home