Monday, January 26, 2009

I Don't Want To Grow Up

The final drops off coffee are now exiting my body. The twitching is slowing down. My stomach is settling.

Not So Bad

This week definitely had surprises. Coffee was not the demon I made it out to be. It did have negative side effects like weird pooping and some insanity, but I was surprised I did not hate the taste. I thought drinking coffee would be like taking a shot of plastic bottle vodka and not having a chaser. Coffee just tastes like coffee.

I Got Skills
Before this week I had zero skills when it came to coffee. When I had guests visiting I left them to suffer while I offered no coffee in the morning. My roommate was nice enough to teach me how to make coffee: shell the beans, roast them in the oven, grind them by hand with a mortar and pestle, then I started a fire with a flaming arrow that was shot at me by some unknown people on the Lost island and brewed a cup of coffee. That or I learned to grind the beans with an electric grinder and then brewed the coffee in a French press. I am so grown up.

Coffee Highlights From The Week
-Wearing only short shorts in the snow.
-Feeling like I was in some foreign place while waiting in Starbucks.
-Brewing coffee all by myself.
-Forgetting what training wheels are called and telling the customer the bike has "you know, um, those things... um."
-Spending more money on coffee than alcohol.
-Ruining my sleep schedule (although that could have been the Internets fault).

My Coffee Checklist

X Black
O Espresso
X Latte
X Irish Coffee
X Americano
O Iced Coffee
X Cappuccino
O Frappaccino (I attempted ordering one with soy, but Starbucks does not do that)
X Mocha (White Chocolate)
O Diner Coffee (my dreams of bottomless coffee at midnight did not come true)
O Decaf (I was never going to attempt this, decaf is for wimps)

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeff said...

no espresso?

i will make you one when i get back

January 27, 2009 at 6:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home