Friday, January 23, 2009

AmericaNo More Coffee

I had coffee black, I had coffee with sugar, I had coffee with cream, I had coffee from pre-ground beans, I had coffee from fresh beans, I had drip coffee, I had espresso with water, and I have had coffee from Starbucks. I have only completed about half the types of coffee I want to try on my checklist and I am tired.

I'm Tired, Soy Tired
I got a soy latte from Starbucks and after 30 minutes I wanted to take a nap. That has been the least of my worries. The Starbucks was a block away from work, so it was easy to get to and they made the coffee for me. My days off have been troublesome. I wake up and the first thing I think about is how I am going to get coffee (not because I am craving it, but because it is my challenge). I am very lazy and often spend my days off at my apartment and do not leave until late in the afternoon or evening, and this makes going to get coffee too much of a chore. Of course, many people (or maybe just a few, because I doubt Starbucks would be on every corner if people made their own coffee) start their mornings off making a pot of coffee at home, but my previous 25 years have left me absolutely no skills with making coffee.

Maybe today is the day I become an adult and learn how to brew my own coffee.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home