Monday, February 16, 2009

Challenge: How Am I Not Myself?

After living in the suburbs of New Jersey for a week, I am ready to really get into the life. Last night, after watching my roommates comedy show, people were talking in front of the theater asking me what I do.
"I work at a bike shop," was my response.
Then they would ask, "Do you do anything else?"
"No," I would state back (maybe I should have said I have a blog and do challenges...).
After this happened a few times, I decided to spruce up my life and with a business card my roommate found for a Dickson Haircut place on Allen street (for those you who do not know my first name is Alan and my last name is Dickson). I became a hair stylist. Then, I added in my house in New Jersey with the wife and kids, who I sometimes stay with, but sometimes I retreat to my apartment in Brooklyn to get away.



Making up the fake life was fun, except I do not envy it at all. I do not want to have a wife and kids in Jersey and do not care for cutting hair (although I am quite the stylist and have cut hair, including my own).

Walking to the train from the bar I realized it was almost midnight and new challenge time. I had no ideas at all, but wanted something to tie in with my new New Jersey life. That is when I decided I will create a new life. A life where I am not a college dropout. A life without bicycles. A life where I do things that are strange and normal at the same time (like living in New Jersey).

For seven days, if someone asks me what I do, I will lie.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home