Sunday, May 17, 2009

Run To Work Week

Bike To Work Day
Last Friday, May 15th, was one of my sister's birthdays and it was also Bike To Work Day. There were people with free food being handed out in the morning to bicycle commuters. The weather was beautiful. I slept while all these people brought out their bikes and rode to work. I did not ride my bike to work on Bike To Work Day (I had the day off and did call my sister to say, "Happy Birthday!").

Anyway, I may have missed Bike To Work Day, but May is still Bike Month here in NYC (and my birthday month which I celebrate year round). In honor of Bike Month and missing Bike To Work Day, I am going to run to work everyday this week. Not take the subway, not drive a car, not ride a bus, and definitely not ride a bicycle. Something much simpler and even more environmentally safe.

No blood for oil!
Hey bike idiots, rubber is made from petroleum which is from oil and bicycle tires are made from rubber. However, my shoes are made from bamboo or something and definitely do not have a rubber sole, because I am super environmentally sustainable (even if my shoes were made with rubber, they have less rubber than tires and people who ride bikes have both tires, tubes, and shoes made with rubber... therefore I win).

Seven days (five workdays) of running three miles each way. When I am done I will have run 30 miles.

Maybe this is a bad idea.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home