Sunday, April 6, 2008

500 Mile Bike Ride: Day 3

Party at the pump!

Woo hoo! I am glad that my bike doesn't use gas because $4.69 is ridiculous. That picture was taken halfway through day 3, but first I want to explain day 2.

Day 2, left Santa Cruz. Lost the ocean. Rode through farm land. Saw artichokes. Saw a sign for deep-fried artichokes and really wanted to stop. Did not stop.

That was pretty much day 2 (there might have been a few u-turns, but that is just standard). We set up camp in Big Sur and passed out by 10.

Day 3 was insane compared to day 2. I don't really remember everything. We rode out of Big Sur at 8 am and arrived in San Luis Obispo around 8 pm. The first 50 miles were a lot of hills. Hills are no to fun going up, but awesome going down.

After the hills we got burgers at Ragged Point and some bikers laughed at me. I guess there isn't a lot of comradery between guys pedaling bikes and guys with motors on their bikes. But some guys with sexy, tight leather were definitely checking out my spandex.

There was a 10 Ferrari salute as we passed by Hearst Castle. The rest was just making Caitlin go as her knees were grinding into her leg bone. I don't know how we made it all the way. We now are sore and have some pretty awesome sunburns... I post some pictures later. I think I have the new trend in tanning; maybe I can get on that tanning show when we get to LA.

That about sums it up. I need to pass out.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home