Sunday, April 6, 2008

500 Mile Bike Ride: Day 4

After 20 miles and riding through Pismo Beach, Caitlin found a nail (more like Caitlin got a flat and I found a nail in it).

I tried and tried to patch it up. First we fixed the huge hole from the nail. Then, there was a hole from the tire levers. Then, there was a smsller hole by the nail hole. After a while, I looked at the rim and saw it was damaged and causing more holes. Fixed that, but 5 patches in one spot is a bit more than I like to use (3 is usually my max before the tire is retired).

All in all, day 4 is cancelled. Day 5 and 6 will be joys of fun; we thought the last 3 days would be nice, but now it will be a double century finish. I think it is time for the beach...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home