Tuesday, April 8, 2008

500 Mile Bike Ride: Day 5

Today, Caitlin and I started where we started day 4. We had a 20 mile déjà vu ride. Then Caitlin rode by our dumpster and did not get a flat. Yay!

The ride was long, windy, and dirty. It had its ups and downs. On one of the downs, I broke my land speed record for a non motorized vehicle. Going down a 7% grade for 2 miles is intense and awesome (Caitlin did not like it and was scared).

Lompoc is the winner for friendliest people, but this could have been from being the only place we loittered in front of a busy grocery store.

Santa Barbara did not start off so well. On our one block walk to get burritos I got hit with some fruity, slurpee smelling drink. I had maybe walked 50 ft and was halfway through the first and only crosswalk, when I see a kid look right at me and throw his drinking from the passing car. Oh well, now my one and only sweatshirt smells like juice.

One last thing... not only did Caitlin get a flat. She lost her wallet walking from downtown San Luis Obispo to Jes's home. I saved the night and found it.

Less than 100 miles until the end of our ride at the fabulously famous Venice Beach (not the Venice Beach we passed in the middle of nowhere).

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home