Sunday, January 4, 2009

Of Mice And Men (Literally)


Five years ago, I read an article explaining that scientists are trying to genetically modify chimpanzees with human characteristics. At that moment, I decided to go vegetarian. Why? Over the years, I could not really explain my decision, until I read Richard Dawkins Answer To What Will Change Everything in 2009.


When Animals Become Human-like
Mice are becoming men. What happens should animals ever speak? Will it still be okay to kill them, because they were taught Spanish and we cannot converse with them (like we treat citizens who speak another language)?

Utter Pops
Those who think cows will still offer up their utters to humans may be shocked. They should be shocked, as shocked as I was to find how many female Homo-sapiens would offer me their milk.

Waiting For Change
Some may say it has not happened yet. We have no passed the threshold for this to affect us. For me it did not have to happen. Other questions came to my mind: why are certain animals given special treatment while others are slaughtered? Why are dogs and cats considered disgusting to eat, but a pig (which is smarter than both) is treated as a joke in the name of bacon?

Humans For All Their Smarts Are Dumb
Maybe we should not turn animals into human-like creatures, in fear they become illogical and the world collapses into absurdity.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home