Saturday, January 3, 2009

Change, Resolutions, and Wimps

People Are Wimps
I read the article, Why is change so hard?, and it made me feel awesome.

Do people who make resolutions really want to change that aspect of their life? 87% of people who make a resolution on New Year's Day do not want that resolution to come true.* Is it really that hard to change something you want to change?

Shorting Yourself of Life
Wearing shorts in the dead of winter is hard, but it is not the hardest part of the challenge. Explaining to people why I am wearing shorts is harder. Trust me, you do not want to explain to ten people a day why you are wearing shorts when it is below freezing. [I challenge people to not ask so many mundane questions.]

Image Resolutions

Maybe people are just picking resolutions to portray an image. Or maybe it gives you a topic to discuss for three minutes after you run out of ways to express it is cold outside and you have nothing going on it your life. Then, the conversations end and the resolution has no tangible effect on anyone, so it is dropped and forgotten (much like my Marriage Challenge).

Ending Marriage Resolution Sparks Resolution Success!
Getting married would be a severe challenge, but it also seems boring and useless to me, so I never officially started the challenge. Why do gay people even want to get married? Half the population that gets married and then changes their mind (maybe people should make their resolution to get divorced, there might be more success stories for resolutions). The only group that quits something that often are visitors to my blog.*




*This is not a fact. [89% of people who come to my website immediately close the page (that is a fact).]

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home