Monday, November 24, 2008

No Biking: The Challenge

I have been sitting idly thinking of a new challenge while I wait for my marriage to be finalized. Then, an idea hit me… or a pedestrian hit me… and I hit a railing… and I almost fell off the pedestrian part of the Brooklyn Bridge.


[yellow marks from the Brooklyn Bridge railing on my handlebars and glove]

There is something about riding a bicycle when it is five degrees below freezing and dodging tourists taking pictures in the bike lane; and that something is not pleasant. By the time I got to work the swelling was beefing up my arm and I had some thoughts. Biking is convenient to me about 90% of the time. Not riding my bike would probably make my life a living hell. The nearest subway is a 15-minute walk. Plus, I hate the subway. These things probably mean that not biking would be a perfect challenge. So...

The Challenge
No bike riding for seven days.
Not for transportation.
Not for entertainment.
Not for exercise.
None.

This week will hopefully be good to help me calm down about idiotic pedestrians who have no sense of where they are. In fact, I might even become one of these reckless pedestrians and teach others than riding a bike is something that should only be done in spin class.

Time to hang up my bikes and put away my gear for a week.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Andrew said...

oh shit you alright? this is gonna be worse than no sitting for a week. except probably way easier.

glhf.

November 24, 2008 at 4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home