Friday, November 28, 2008

No Biking: Days 1 and 2

Day One

Starting out on a Monday is easy for me now; I don't work on Mondays so I usually have little to do (as opposed to last year when I was doing challenges while being unemployed). That being said I only left my house to go to the bar a few blocks from my apartment. Not biking is easy. Day one complete.

Day Two

Day two was the real beginning of the challenge. I actually had stuff to do (work). Biking is the fastest way for me to commute. Biking takes about 15 minutes, while walking would take just under an hour. The subway would be in between walking and biking, but the subway is a terrible terrible place (I have mentioned this before and I will mention it again and again). I have to wake up much earlier to walk to work.

My walk is dull, however I did pass by the scene of my accident that spurred this challenge. Walking 3.2 miles is no problem for me. Working around lots of bikes with nothing to do, is a problem.



I might have jumped on a bike and took it for a spin around the store (the store is tiny and I had my feet on the ground most of the time). First failure of the week. My punishment was walking another 3.3 miles to kickball after standing for nine and a half hours.

Riding my bike would be nice, but this is not too bad. As long as I avoid the train, this will be easy.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home