Sunday, November 30, 2008

No Biking: Days 5 and 6

Day 5: Black Friday

No work, no bike, no problem (except that it was Black Friday and how was I to get to all the hot deals?).

No shopping for me; all I really did was my laundry, which is a block and a half away. However, in the final walk from the laundromat I lost my headphones. This is not good for long distance walks.

Day 6: Long Walks, No Headphones

Nothing like waking up early on a Saturday morning to go for a 45 minute walk to work without headphones. I brought my camera along to take some pictures of my crash site and the wonderful tourists on the Brooklyn Bridge. I missed a shot of a biker coming down the bridge and yelling at a tourist, who was standing in the middle of the bike lane. Here is what I did get:





[the yellow pole I hit]

I should count how many signs there are to tell people that bikes stay on the right and pedestrians stay on the left (there must only be about 25). I have often wondered if people get confused from the picture of the biker, which looks more like some body with a disconnected head floating between two hula hoops.

That about did it for Saturday. I finished my walk to work and eventually made it back to my apartment. Only one more day without riding my bike.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home