Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Are You In A Band? YES!

There was one situation all week that gave me the opportunity to lie and it was not even a complete lie. It was just one of those white lies or whatever they are called.

Are You In A Band?

After work my manager and I went to a bar to meet up with two other guys and drink some beer. We are all bikers (bicyclists not motorcycle bikers, although I guess two have motorcycles) and maybe a little grungy after work. Grungy or we looked super rad. I will pick the latter, because that is what I am. While being super rad, some girl at the bar comes up to my manager and I.

She asks us, "are you in a band?"

My manager replies, "yes."

She states, "I do not want to bother you, I just had to ask, because we (her friends at a table who were not super rad) had a bet that you were in a band and I just won a beer. Thanks."

"Cool," we respond, while thinking of how much she is bothering us (from being non-super rad).

She then walks away because she actually thought we were busy or something (if we were a band and were at a bar drinking, I doubt we would be busy, but she can think what she wants).

I Did Not Lie
I did not lie; I just did not tell the truth. The truth being, I am in a band, but just not with these guys. That and the fact that my band has never rehearsed or written anything, but we did drink once or twice together and discuss how cool our band will be and that is all that matters.

Alan Dickson is in a band and he is also super rad.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home