Saturday, February 21, 2009

What A Crazy Week!

Leaving The Suburbs
While I am taking the train back to NYC from the Jersey suburbs, a hot albeit older woman sits next to me. The first thing I do is check her hand, no ring (just kidding! about the checking, not the no ring). Anyway, I do what I do with everyone on public transportation (including the guy watching a Madonna live performance on the subway), I pretend that I am so cool that nobody catches my attention.

She Caught My Attention

Then she pulls out some information about Miami Fashion Week and starts doing some work involving some show. Now she has my attention (New York Fashion Week just ended, time to get with the program and move onto the next, duh!). Modeling is what brought me to New York in the first place and Miami is where it is going to take me, hopefully.

Time To Act Cool, But Not Too Cool (Think Miami Cool Like Don Johnson)
The expression breaking the ice could be used in my next move.

I lean over to her and said, "Miami, eh?"

Breaking the ice would be the correct expression for what I did, if I was breaking the winter ice on a lake with my face. Luckily, after I smashed my teeth into this sheet and was bleeding everywhere, some natural hot spring turned on beneath me and melted the ice. Unfortunately, this made me fall into the lake which still had plenty of cold water (I would say freezing, but that is not scientifically possible) and there I was shivering trying to pretend that I was cool, but not too cool.

I Will Stop The Metaphor Because This Gets Crazy!
The conversation matured and we talked about Miami, how it is my next big move and she so happens to have a condo near the beach. There was some talk about her kids, which was a little weird, but I do like kids so not a big deal. As it turns out, she was looking for someone to take care of her kids the week she was in Miami. Now she is not.

I bought my plane tickets today. Bring on the beach!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LIAR!
LYING
LIES!

February 21, 2009 at 4:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home