Thursday, March 19, 2009

Copyrights and Ownership

John Gets Mad

Here is "my" photograph for today. I made it with seven photographs from my camera. However, I did not push the trigger on the camera. I simply owned the camera and the memory card, so when I returned home the photographs loaded onto my computer.

Who Owns The Rights?
My friend Henry snapped the photos, but I owned the media. Does he have copyright protection? Does my ownership of the media override his copyright? At what point is something you created yours and when point can it become mine? Had I never uploaded this picture, could he still come and claim that it is his? In other words, do you own copyright protections for things you do not know exist?

There is probably some legal jargon out there explaining the technicalities, but I just thought it was worth noting. Perhaps, I should look into it and keep you updated.

[I think John's anger in the animation was caused by this conundrum.]

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home