Monday, March 2, 2009

Yay Snow! Yay Cold Weather! (No Complaints Here)

Today, I woke up to a phone call from a friend's friend who I believe is a rental agent in Miami. We briefly discussed what my plans are for moving to the subtropical paradise. Then, I got out of bed and looked outside to see seven inches of snow covering my backyard. The weather here is currently 24 degrees, but feels like 6. In Miami, the weather is currently 62 degrees and feels like 62 degrees. It is winter, so I do not expect it to be warm; I am simply just stating facts (and for my family, no I am not using tone while doing so).

Yesterday, I watched a video, posted by a friend, of Louis CK joking (explaining life, but since he is a comedian I think it is joking) about how we have a better life, but we are not happy and in fact more ungrateful. Here is the clip:



HAPPY TIMES!

I am going to be happy in honor of Louis CK, my flight to California this week, watching the Watchmen, a big influx of money, snow days, and Catholics giving up something to understand how grateful they are to have it.* Not just happy, but I am going to not be negative. This is not saying I will be super positive like self-help books, but I will be in a positive/neutral non-negative mood. I am not called "Sunshine" Dickson at work for nothing, so this should not be too hard for me (even though it is below freezing half this week and I hate being cold**).

Enjoy your week! I am going to really enjoy mine.

For more information about being happy, please check out this, this, and this.


*Except those Catholics who use lent as a second New Year's Resolution. They give up cigarettes or something that is bad for them. They give up something that they want to quit forever and not just be without for 40 days. I do not think this was the original plan of lent, but whatever it is not my loss of life that spurred it all.

**Sorry that was my last hate reference this week. I will now only state facts. It is cold. The cold makes me not want to go outside. There is not much to do inside. I am so happy thinking about warm weather. YAY!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home