Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Ash Wednesday And 40 Lazy Days Of Change

Today, I saw a woman walking down the street with the cross on her forehead and remembered it was Ash Wednesday. The day when Catholics come out and decide they are going to change their life... for forty days. Forty days a year is nothing. I spend 182 days a year changing things in my life (that is if I lasted doing a challenge every other week for an entire year).

Forty Days... Try One Year

With my competitive nature and challenging spirits I want to announce that Catholics have nothing on me. I am going to give something up, but not for forty days. Oh no, I will give it up for an entire year. Yes, one whole year I will spend not doing something I do so regularly.

I will give up the Internet for one year.

I am not going to start this challenge yet, because I do not want to run into interference with the Lenters.* I shall start on 09/09/09, because that number looks better than some Wednesday that has to do with someone dying, but not really, because he comes back to life, only to die again, and not come back to life again even though he obviously has the powers to do so (sorry this sentence is probably confusing, but so is the logic behind a human god).

*If I start today, then I will have discussions with people that I am not doing it for Lent. Then, it will move into a discussion about religion and blah blah blah. Plus, the real problem will be that if I start today and go for an entire year, I will end on Ash Wednesday and people will think I am a slacker for not giving anything up next year. Does that make any sense? If not, please refer to the logic of a human god who can rise from the dead, but chooses not to, even though he did once just to prove he could.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home