Sunday, April 26, 2009

Tacos Son De Españoles

Mi Español Está Perfecto
Mi challenge está done. I pratico(ed) mi español y come(ed) tacos.

Practicing Spanish in your apartment is awkward. You sit on your computer speaking a non-native language and it pretends it cannot understand you, so you repeat and repeat and repeat words. My computer thinks I cannot say Hola o Adiós. I think my computer is dumb. I sometimes change the tone of my voice and try to sound like a girl (since my voice is so manly and deep); this sometimes pleases my stupid computer.

Another downfall to my RosettaStone is that they forgot to put in a question mark that is upside down, which are one of my favorite parts to Español (¡!¡!¡the other being upside down exclamation marks!¡!¡!).

Español A Mi Trabajo
The two weeks I spent practicing Spanish on my computer mounted to a handful of hours, but this barely explains my Spanish studies. At work, I think I have become el gringo que habla español, because I have Spanish speakers ignore my co-workers and point that they want me to help them. They wait patiently while I finish dealing with whatever I am dealing with and then they say one word in Spanish, like gommas o camara (camera?). Very difficult stuff that is not for the faint of heart. I then proceed to explain prices and always mention "más tax," because they always pretend that their former country has nothing remotely similar to tax and I am obviously running a scam by "charging" them tax. Oh well, this is the price I get for being famous in the Spanish speaking bike delivery guy world.

Tacos
I made seven days with tacos easily. I believe I averaged 4-5 tacos daily. I could probably last another 357 days of eating tacos before I felt I needed a break (yes, just one day short of a year).

Here are some examples of my tacos:

Tacos Buenos


Salsa Picante


Tortilla, Frijoles, Arroz, y Salsa Picante = Taco


¡Taco Más Grande Con Aguacate!


I think my next dinner is going to seem bland and boring. Eating tacos every night just makes me want to eat more of them. I am probably going to start Tacos Anonymous next week after I begin overdosing.

If you wish to contribute to my taco addiction, my birthday is Saturday May 2nd. Please ask for my address to send me tacos by mail, thanks!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home