Thursday, December 4, 2008

Ideas For Challenges

Taking every other week off from challenges is probably a good idea, but it is a little boring. I have had time to reflect and think of challenges I want to do.

Coffee
I was looking at this Timeline of a Coffee Drinker and started to think about having a cup. Having never had a sip of real coffee, it would be a good challenge to start off everyday with a full cup of the black liquid. In doing this, I might become more of a grown-up. It also could lead to a terrible unneeded addiction that will drain my pocketbook.

Karaoke

Last night I witnessed one of the greatest feats ever done by human beings. Ted Leo and the Pharmacists played a karaoke set with Andrew W.K. hosting. Karaoke is one of those strange supernatural forces. It is imitating classic music in a cheap way, yet it takes courage to perform. Andrew W.K. said, you have to let go of your dignity and just dive into it. I want to dive in and make a fool of myself (for only seven days).


[Andrew W.K. performing "Louie Louie" with Ted Leo and the Pharmacists]


Vegan
I just celebrated my fifth Thanksgiving as a vegetarian. Becoming vegetarian has been a very positive choice in my life. It was the start of doing what I want to do, no matter what the norm was. I went vegan for two years, but then got drunk and ate some cheese. Since then cheese and I have had a love/hate relationship that I am on the verge to drop. I will start with a week and see what happens.

Bring My Computer to the Coffee Shop
Mac users show off their coolness by using their computer at coffee shops. Being a new Mac user, I feel I don't get the potential out of my computer. I need to break it out of my room and get some work done in front of others. The only downside is that I have a desktop. [This idea was given to me by a friend who likes to remain anonymous, so I will just say he is good at noodling on the guitar.]

Twitter
I am a new Twitter user and am skeptical about its uses, but I think it has its useful applications. I am bad at inviting people to things, so I do most things alone. Twitter allows people to see what I am doing and jump in. Some are scared of Twitter, because they want to keep their life personal. I do not have this fear, so I will Tweet every hour of my awake hours. If there was a way to connect Twitter to my mind while sleeping, I would do it, but I will just enjoy my hours of rest in peace. Alan Dickson's Twitter Feed

Suggestions and Comments
As always, comments and suggestions are welcome.
E-mail: alan.m.dickson@gmail.com
AIM: sternmboy

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home